~ We’re on a bit of break at the minute because our editor is teaching History full time. Please continue to send us your work! They are being filed away for our next issue. Roll on Summer! – M.
Here at The Curiosity Cabinet, we accept submissions from around the globe. Simply send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short bio and a photograph of yourself. We aim to publish a range of the best work out there to fill our Cabinet of Curiosities. Details of closing dates for each issue will be made available on the website/facebook/twitter and via email along with any possible themes for the magazine! For the time in-between issues, we run a blog which you curious people can also contribute to.
Art, Photography, Music
- We don’t really have any rules about this…just send us your stuff and we’ll pick out our favourites.
Short Stories, Articles, Poetry, Reviews
- Short stories can be no longer than 3,000 words, 1 submission per person.
- No more than 3 poems per person, poems must not exceed 50 lines, you can submit some artwork along with your poems if you like.
- Articles and opinion pieces mustn’t exceed 2,000 words
- There’s no rules for reviews, just send us your stuff and don’t make it too long. We take reviews on anything, so if you read a book, heard an album, visited an event why not tell us?
- We are open to new ideas! If you’d like to contribute something but can’t see any guidelines, just drop us a line. We’d love to see some tutorials in our pages and anything a little different.
- Please, don’t send in any previously published work! (Unless it’s only been published by yourself on your personal blog.)
- Have a read of some of our past issues to get a feel for the magazine. It could help you decide what to submit.
Fancy blogging for The Curiosity Cabinet and being featured on our website? Simply email us with your ideas and an example of your work and we can have a chat.
Have a video you’re dying to share? Email us! We want to showcase tutorials, gigs, music videos, independent films and poetry readings on our YouTube channel so get in touch and we will upload your stuff.
What if I don’t get my work featured in an issue?
We receive a high volume of submissions every month so unfortunately, we can’t feature everyone. Please don’t be disheartened if you’re not featured, try again next time! We will email you a standard email to let you know if you are being featured or not.